Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Am Back

Well it has been quite a while since my last post and quite a bit has happened this summer.
Leadership Camp was a great success and a grand time was had by all the campers, counselors and Sisters. God provided perfect weather for the entire camp and we couldn't have asked for better campers or staff!
Campers with Sisters at a shared meal
We had a wonderful Jubilee celebration with Sr. Chris celebrating 25 years and Srs. Jo Ann, Micaela, Barbara Ann and Deborah celebrating 50 years.

Jubilarians

I went on a week long vacation to the Ozarks with my family. The Ozark trip is a yearly adventure with all my siblings, nieces and nephews and several aunts, uncles, cousins. There is non-stop activity and even with some rainy days we all had a great time.

My "roommates" Kathy and Kayli

A great friend of mine from California, was traveling across the United States and made a special side trip to the monastery to visit for a few days. It was wonderful to spend some time together and catch up on each others lives.

Me and Tefi at graduation last year

And finally, we were blessed to have several women visit our community to spend time with us during their discernment process. As with all our visitors, their presence was a true blessing for us all.

So as you can see the summer has been filled with a great deal of excitement and activity. In the midst of all these fun activities, writing on the blog kept getting lost in the flow but I promise to be better at posting weekly this fall.

May God bless all of you as the summer comes to a close and we start looking toward the fall.

4 comments:

spilled ink said...

All I'm gonna say is - YEA!!!! YOU'RE BACK. Looking forward to the posts.
bill

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Suzanne! You have been missed. It was my delight to have had a few visits to the Mount this summer during my visit home. You were the cantor on one of my visits. Thank you for sharing your gift of song. May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

Sounds like a busy summer! I'm looking forward to reading/hearing from you now that you're back on-line!
peace.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are again in fine form. I thought maybe you had driven the van back to Montana or something! Always enjoy reading what is going on in your life. Traci