Saturday, October 11, 2008

National Religious Vocation Conference Part 2

Well the last two days of the Conference have continued to be a good experience. Yesterday, we had two keynote talks by Fr. Donald Senior. They were very informative and well presented. Then last night the entire group had a procession through downtown to the cathedral where the Archbishop presided over solemn vespers. It was not only beautiful but a very prayerful evening. Here are a few pictures from vespers (I was in the choir so I only got a few photos) After Vespers, I hosted a gathering in my hotel room for Benedictine Sisters from around the US. It was great having some time to gather. We had sisters here from all over the country, some who I was meeting for the first time. It was really nice getting an opportunity to visit with each other and catch up on our lives or get to know each other a bit.
Today was a less busy day. We had two workshops in the morning and then in the afternoon we all went on various tours. I went on a tour to Gethsemene Abbey - the former home of Thomas Merton. The photo at the top of the page is from there as are the photos that follow.

Monastic Chapel

Monastic Chapel

Epiphany Statue

Thomas Merton's Grave

This evening was time for resting and relaxing. I returned to the hotel and after a short stop in my room, walked down to Fourth Street (quite the happening place) for dinner with several other Sisters. Then I returned to the hotel for some down time. So once again it has been a busy but wonderful conference. I will try to write again tomorrow.

No comments: