Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Office Companion

Well I am not one who usually likes spiders. OK to be perfectly honest I really don't like spiders at all. They are the one thing that really creeps me out. But one morning early this summer, I walked into my office to find this really cool spider web between my screen and my window. If you can not tell from the photos, it is this wonderfully beautiful tunnel that is in an interesting "V" shape.

Since I really admired the beauty of the web, I had a little chat with the spider (through the glass of course) that if it stayed in that designated location, I would allow it to stay. Well throughout the summer the web has changed and grown in many different ways and it is always one of the first things I notice as I walk into my office. I believe the spider has enjoyed the location as well for there seems to be quite a few bugs that fly outside my second story window.

But as we all know time moves on and with fall creeping into our weather in Atchison, I am to the point of opening up my windows to let the cool breeze in my office, which means my little office companion will have to find a new home. So this afternoon, Sr. Elizabeth is going to relocate my office companion to a new location. (She is good at things involving spiders and other creepy crawly things). So in tribute to my spider and the unique beauty it has brought to my world, I have returned to the world of the blog with a new determination to blog weekly. Feel free to remind me if I forget.

How good God is to bring beauty into our lives in many unexpected ways!

2 comments:

Marion Lynn said...

welcome back!

Sr. Traci said...

You are a much kinder person than I -- He would of been spider mash a long time ago if that were my office.