Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kansas State Fair

Today and tomorrow I am spending all day and night at the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson. Several communities are co-sponsoring a booth "The Catholic Sisters of Kansas". It is always a wonderful chance to meet a wide variety of people, pass out some pencils and holy cards and offer a book for people to write prayer requests that are passed on to all the different communities. Each community has two full days that they are in charge of the booth. Sr. Rosann and I have gone together the past several years and have a really lovely time. Above is a photo of me standing next to the wheel that people spin for a holy card or pencil.
This is a live owl that was at one of the booths in a nearby building. This is a sculpture made completely out of butter. The theme this year was "Check Out the Stud" Finally, I thought I would attach a couple little video clips of the pig races I attended - who would have thought those little guys could run so fast! The winner received an oreo cookie so I guess that was great motivation.
I can't wait for what tomorrow brings!

No comments: