Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Relaxing Sunday at Home

Well today was a very relaxing day. I came home from KCCSC (Kansas Catholic College Student Conference) on Saturday night (a day early) because of ice and snow. When I woke up this morning the ground was covered with very heavy wet snow and ice and I was glad I drove home yesterday. I went to the chapel for morning prayers and mass. It is so wonderful to be back home and to pray with my community. Even when I am gone for one day, I miss the communal prayer aspect of our life.

As the day progressed, the teperature rose to the upper 30's and so everything became a thick slush. True to form, several sisters went out with the sleds to take a few rides down their run. Unfortunately, as you can see in the video, the snow was way to slushy and the ride was anything but exciting. But I am sure more snow is on the way.

Tonight we had another of the Community Concert Series - Latex Trombone Quartet. It was a group that originated from Louisiana and Texas (thus the name). It was a great concert and made me regret that I stopped playing the trombone when I graduated from high school. I thought I would try taking a video clip from the organ loft to see how it turned out. That is the second video you see.

So all in all it was great to be back home at the monastery for a relaxing Sunday of prayer with the community, play in the snow, and a concert.

1 comment:

rallyellen said...

I liked the video of nuns sledding. Just a reminder that they are people just like me. Blog is great to be able to catch up with you and to see what you have been up to.

Love, Ellen