Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Very Cold Wednesday

Today was a full day as usual. After morning prayer and Eucharist, I returned to my office to work on posting the daily scripture reflections for the month of March. For those of you who don't know, our webpage http://www.mountosb.org/ contains a section that has a reflection questions based on each days scripture readings. These questions are posted on the web and can be sent to you as a text message if you are interested. I come up with the questions and then plug them in to be sent as a text message to all those interested. It is a nice way to reflect on the scriptures each day.
After I finished March's reflections, I went to my Wednesday class on monastic profession. Our novice Margaret spends much of her novice year taking classes about monastic life. In each of her classes, four or five professed sisters join in to share their lived experience of monasticism. It also gives the professed sisters an opportunity for continuing education. It is a wonderful class with 6 sisters plus the instructor. Today we spent time dicussing the three monastic vows of stability, obedience, and conversatio.
After class, I returned to my office to get some things ready for the afternoon. After lunch, I took three sisters to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art. We spent the afternoon walking around the various areas of interest. Each sister had her particular favorites and each enjoyed her time in those areas. As we were walking around, we were pleased to find that the guards around the museum were most friendly and rather enjoyable to chat with. They enjoyed sharing all sorts of information about their particular sections. It was almost like personal guides!

This is a picture of the four of us - Maria Larkin OSB, LucilleBorengasser OSB, Bridgid Kelliher OSB and myself. (I had to darken the edges of the photo since we were by a white wall it was hard to see us.) What a wonderful way to spend a very cold afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day!! I love the picture. STAY WARM!!