Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moon Dance

These pictures do not do justice to the beauty of the moon with the clouds rolling by.
Well, its a marvelous night for a moondance with the stars up above in my eyes

A fantabulous night for a moondance neath the cover of October skies

And all the leaves on the trees are falling to the sound of the breezes that blow

And I'm trying to please to the calling of the heart-strings that play soft and low

And all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush

And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in the blush

As I returned home to the monastery last night, I was overwhelmed by the amazing beauty of this gorgeous moon. As I stood there in the field looking up, my first thought was of the song Moondance by Van Morrison and what a wonderful night it was for a "moondance."

I decided it was so beautiful that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to just spend some time in the cool quiet night air, listening to the rustling of the leaves and watching the clouds roll by this amazing moon. (I really love night!)

As I sat there in the quiet, watching the clouds roll by the beautiful moon, I began to think of the wondrous gifts that God gives to us each day and how often I don't take the time to notice or to enjoy the gifts of God's creation. As my thoughts continued to progress, I soon began to think about Psalm 8 and not only the gifts from God but our responsibility to care for that great creation!

O Lord, our Lord, how awesome is your name through all the earth! You have set your majesty above the heavens!

Out of the mouths of babes and infants you have drawn a defense against your foes, to silence enemy and avenger

When I see your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars that you set in place--

What are humans that you are mindful of them, mere mortals that you care for them?

Yet you have made them little less than a god, crowned them with glory and honor

You have given them rule over the works of your hands, put all things at their feet:

All sheep and oxen, even the beasts of the field,

The birds of the air, the fish of the sea, and whatever swims the paths of the seas.

O LORD, our Lord, how awesome is your name through all the earth!

What amazing gifts God gives to each of us each day if we only take the time to notice!

No comments: